Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Shameful John

As early as 2004, and since, I have thought, and kept on thinking, that pretty boy John Edwards was positioning himself for a VP spot. Now, don't get me wrong, the man has his place in our politics, and he gave one of the best speeches, still, of the 2008 campaign, the one after Iowa.

But finally endorsing **NOW** a fellow Democrat, once Hills is down on her knees (I know, she's going to tell us she us now roaring to victory after triumph in West Virginia, yeah, yeah, Hils, we know, deja vu...) is really... crass! Talk about Johnny-come-lately!!! And John, yes, the smile is great, yes, the Tom Cruise look is great, but you know, you still are a very rich lawyer playing the populist card (and with a $ 400 haircut, yes, I have heard the media harp on it.. see? I can be crass and petty, too!).

I believed in you, and I am not the only one, but this is really not your moment of glory. All you had to do was remain quiet a few more weeks.... We KNOW you'll take the spot on the ticket if it comes your way, who does not know that? You talked good, you sounded good, you were good, there was genuineness, down-home honesty, sunniness in you; I could have voted for you, but you saw it coming, you bowed out, it was sad for our country, but OK, that was the right move. Now, this. I am really disappointed, I mean, hurt, betrayed.

Climbing on the shoulders of a wounded other at the last minute (OK, next to last minute)... Shame on you, John Edwards!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home