Monday, May 05, 2008

The Intense Life: dramatic entry & suspense

And then one day, twelve years ago or so, M. de Thoux called me... (yes, him.. the guy with the guns whose wife liked me...)
He basically told me I could have her.
I was so flabbergasted that, to this day, I don't remember what I said.
But he did not renew the offer....
I had not been up to the part, obviously...
That's why it was twelve years ago..
If I had been up to the job, either she'd be with me or I would be well over her by now (and she over me, I... guess...)
Ah, those dramatic moments in life when it is all or nothing and you don't have your cards ready...
Someone on the Titanic must have been in the bathroom when it happened, right?
That would be a guy like me..
The guy who was fixing his shoelace or forgot his invitation to the White House when Marilyn sang Happy Birthday to JFK....

And now, you ask?

Well, I'll save it for next time...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home