Thursday, April 10, 2008

How to rid yourself of sadness

One of my friends is going through a very rough time and posted a blog mulling about sadness and how you get rid of it. She suggested chocolate and some people responded with variations on the theme (white chocolate, booze, music, whatever)

My answer:
You take the sadness/depression into as much of the night as you can, crank up the stereo (probably with headphones, buds, what have you, if you have a family or neighbors) and you WRITE it out, the whole night if needed.
I guarantee you that not only will you discover you are a writer AGAIN, or become one, but by 4 am or daybreak, you will find a new you and let the shtuff behind you. The only problem is... you might find another load of shtuff awaiting you later that second day. Keep writing it out. sooner or later, you will write fantastic stuff from the guts or you'll shake the blues off.

Note/warning: it takes a trainload of nervous energy BUT in the very long run, you'll wrestle that gorilla into the ground. Guaranteed.

Second note/warning: beware of chocolate: there is a low after the high... Been there, done that, I know. (I assume booze or other external ingested "helper" or crutches will do the same: at best, it's temporary and it probably makes it all worse after a while, probably even a short while. If you don't have the way out in you, you don't have a way out.

Now.. someone suggested "confit de canard" (duck in aspic juice or the like)--or any other fav food: might work, I don't know, never drowned my sorrows in confit de canard.. I do confit de connerie(s)--see above! (i.e., my own internal literary BS concoctions, combustions, compulsions, etc...

Good luck...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home