Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter miracle, true story...

Two Weeks ago, my best friend of many, many years (ok, will "several decades" do? And no, I did not grow up with Julius Caesar, I just met my best friend when I was a kid), anyway he had massive cardiac arrest (5 ressuscitations) then an infarctus (coronary) when they got him to the hospital.
Now, we are talking: the brother I never had, or rather the brother I chose and who chose me. I know the guy, his kids are basically mine, his wife was my best friend in college, I have known her too for a long, long time, they met through me, it's all almost incestuous, I know.
I know him so well that I still today can picture what he was wearing when I met him, I was six years old, and yet my mind recorded the scene of meeting this kid, as if it KNEW I was going to meet my life's best friend. I don't remember anyone else or anythign else, but if I could paint or sketch, I can reproduce the scene, the clothes, the haircut, how he turned back, climbing two steps then one, to announce the arrival of "a new kid" (me) to the neighborhood school carpool.
Throughout my life, I have always had the luck, the light in the tunnel of knowing that no matter what, I could always count on a best friend (and others, yes, sorry, guys, but that is not the point tonight).
Anyway, massive heart problem in a foreign country while on a business trip. Five days in a coma, finally a sign, a roll of the eye or an attemtped wink that lets everybody know he is not brain dead. His daughter is to go to his bedside, she is the only one who can go, she will.
I then felt that my watch that I had left with my friend a few years back as a kind of keepsafe HAD to go. (Don't ask, I am not a religious man, I am not a fetichist, somehow I left my watch with him (we both like watches, and he had a "mild" heart attack five years ago, so I left my watch with him for him to wear at times).
You don't spend your entire life with friends from your days almost in diapers without some weird connections, leave it at that.
Now his grandmother--whom I do not remember--had "magnetic" powers. Used to have "catalyzers" (magnets?) between her hands, she would get them "recharged" by a man with similar powers, a "magnetizer", and it seems this genetic trait has permeated the daughter who left with my watch on her wrist to take to her dad. The daughter "kills" watches, cell phones, anythign closeto her that runs on batteries in record time, she has a magnetic... "aura"? My watch arrives to my friend, kaputt. He puts it in his toiletry kit, gets it back out when finally back home two continents away, two weeks later. He puts the watch on his wrist: it works again, just like his heart. I KNEW he would be alright if the watch went to his side (I even wrote if before his daughter left to see her dad, I told her so by e-mail).
I can't explain it, it is just that there is what some call a "Soul", a link between people that remains, no matter what, just like nerves trouble amputees who feel pain in a limb they have lost. It is the same thing here. I KNOW, I went through this with another friend who died a long, long time ago.
Weird story, but all true....
Miracle maybe.... Resurrection, no doubt.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorraine said...

Very interesting and also very lovely. I'm glad your friend is alright.

11:02 AM  
Blogger kingba said...

They tried to ressuscitate him FIVE times before it worked, then he had the coronary and is currently getting a mini defibrillator implanted. Long story but he is more or less OK, yes, another 2 or 3 mniutes and he would not be ok, or just... would not be.
Thanks, Lorraine. I appreciate your caring.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home