Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A short German lesson for the day

I do not speak German (maybe under torture--but then, I might also speak Chinese, Turkish, and a host of other languages I do not know yet...)

However, I received this line from Albert Einstein (no, not in my sleep, thank you)
and took a shot at translating it as I understand it

----
"Ich habe keine besondere Begabung, sondern bin nur leidenschaftlich neugierig" --Albert Einstein
----

Which I know will seem obscure to many, but that is probably because Einstein is a whole lot brighter than the rest of us:

Here it is, and please remember to live by this wisdom:

"I have no bethundered bugaboo, nor have I been, like, newly leathershafted or neutered" signed: Al

On second thoughts: mightn't there be ein error? maybe it is: " I have no bethundered bed-a-bugs"???? This changes everything, but is equally deep.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home