Monday, March 03, 2008

Decent Doc

This was my day to see doctors, nothing special, just routine. I usually bring a book but did not this time, because I was not in the mood to waste time.. well, not TOO much time, I should say, since as we know they do not mind having you wait 2 hours and booking 4 people at the same time slot and seeing you on paper for 15 minutes. Imagine my surprise when at 2:30 on the dot, I am no longer in the common waiting room but in my own private little room (where you can at times spend quite some time, yes, I know, I have taken naps, sacked out on the examination table, I bring a coat for blanket, at tiems I go back out to bring in the snack I prepare, etc.. I even turned off the lights once for my nap--and also left once and they did not charge me (I was clearly not in the mood that day for that either.)

And then after 10 minutes, the doc comes in, to apologize, telling me he is going to need another 5 to 10 minutes with his current patient (a child, I could hear). It's quite alright, doc: you treat me humanly and with consideration, I shall do the same. And please, make sure the little girl is all OK. Imagine that! A doctor with a sense of time and decency. A rarity!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home