Thursday, February 21, 2008

oil in the global village?

The modern world is amazing. Look at this: a couple of days ago, the barrel of crude oil trades at just over $ 100 for the first time (but not the last), and overnight I discover that all my local gas stations have had to adjust their prices (higher, of course. How did you know??) So, I guess while I sleep, people are working all night to bring me this brand new, more expensive gasoline from the Middle East, Venezuela, or Amsterdam (main oil trading center, if you need to know) right here less than a mile from my own home. Isn't the global village really shrinking?

But, United we stand, and it is good to know that the oil companies (and my local dealers) suffer with me, and you, and the next person... in a true democracy where all are equal (but.. some more than others, as Orwell posited)
Hey, the joke is now: another day, another dime (forgot about inflation, didn't you? no more of grandpa's "another day, another dollar"), and another dime it goes, up, overnight. You'd think that maybe they plan ahead and order two, three weeks, months, ahead of time, would it be just while they process the already purchased gas through the whole distribution system. But now, I know, it is an overnight system.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home