Monday, May 12, 2008

Vacation/Friends' boot camp

Have you noticed how some people you know, maybe even some of your family members, feel the need to plan activities from dawn to dusk if you go visit them? It is like they have no life andthen you arrive and suddenly breakfast, mid-morning, lunch, early-afternoon, late-afternoon, evening, dinner, after-dinner, late-night and even early-morning activities and gatherings are planned endlessly, and they call you every hour or hour and a half.... Nuts ! Mental pygmies!

What is it: They don't want you to inspect their house? They don't like their own house? They can't stand each other and/or their kids and need a buffer (you)? They don't want you to have the time to discover their town, their neck of the woods, their streets? Why? They think you'll like it and move in? No chance (literally)! And what gives them the right to regiment my life as if I were in the army and they were the brass, or Commander-in-chief of this base? (And even if I were in the army, maybe then, on vacation in their hometown, maybe I'd want a break?) It's exhausting, insulting, uninteresting, a pain in the derriere, and believe me, I won't come back, they won! And maybe I would not have come back, anyway, even without their running me ragged from dawn to dusk and then some.

Next time I want to visit their neck of the woods, I am not telling them... I may like it more than they do anyway, as they don't spend any time looking at it, obviously, nor do they like their own house and alleged "home", always rushing to some place or another.

If you want or need a vacation, go some place where you know no one, it'll be saner and better!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home