Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ramble on

And if I were to say to you
We need to sail on away
You'd look at me and wonder
What it is I am all about
And yet there should be a way for us to go
But I ramble on, oh yes, yes I do
And yet I am not wrong as we are trapped
like rats with no oxygen in a cage

So I just turn around and repeat it
And you again look back at me
Thinking I am a fool, a nut, or weird
But somethign in you stirs and wonders
Yeah, yeah, yeah, could he be right?
Could we really abandon all this wreck of a life?
'Cause we sink, and swim, and sink more
With each new day, and it's endless

And I ramble on, but the question remains
In you, in me, in all of us,
How we got caught in this and how we get out
Of the trap for rats, of the race for naught

So I stop saying anything
And you notice it's just too late, maybe
But who killed the thinking beast
and the hope, and the fun?
Could it be avoided and is it really too late?
Well, it is, and it's just tough luck
And you gotta play with those chips,
Sticky, cracked, worn out, used, coreless

Life goes on, rumble and no ramble
Dribble and no tribulation
Dripped dry and bloodless
Dropped dead and empty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home