Tuesday, February 10, 2009

14 Random things

1. I had a pet when growing up, a mixed malamute, my canine brother. But have been a cat man since (easier - laziness?)

2. I do want the US to extend the duration of the presidential mandate by another year (5-year terms) but then we could have had the worst president ever for another two years... Yet, 4 years is too short, they get in, settle, have to run again and people just wait out the poor guy (one day, hopefully: the poor gal)...

3. I wonder, often in fact, what has happened to people I have known in all parts and places of my life and whom my various moves have kept out... Yet, I could not stay my whole life in one place, oh no...

4. I never mind going places on my own. In fact, I like it. Be it for a movie, a cup of coffee, or a vacation. Does not happen much, though

5. I was a nerd in mid and high schools and beyond. Late bloomer, socially retarded back then. Now, I am just normally socially retarded BUT I have developed the other persona to be the bright, cheerful person I am supposed to be....

6. A.D.D., you ask? Oh yes, and getting worse with age...

7. I never thought I'd get married and have done it twice (which will suffice...-- the rhyme if for free, enjoy it!)

8. I have a pen fetish, probably have several hundreds, and I also collect paper... Yet my best creative writing is on note pads or composition notebooks...

9. Death has been there in my family and in my life from the beginning: the "nomos alpha" (first law) of the Greeks. I was born to the world when I was 20 years old and one of my best friends died in a car accident. It's been 34 years, it took me over 20 years to be able to speak or write about it as I do now. But I learned a lot from her death, lessons that last to this day.

10. I have been lucky to meet with my two best friends when I was a kid, and I still remember vividly when I met my best friend (what he was wearing, what he said, haircut, how he walked up the three steps, etc..) Freaky!

11. As I get older, I look more and more like my dad and I am not sure I like it. BUT I have my mother's human qualities (thank God!), while my daughter has my personality and energy, and my son is probably closer to being my inheritor.

12. Yes, I have done many stupid and wrong thigns in life. And I discovered that much later. I am better now as an individual, however, despite the bruises and the scars, maybe because of them....But I also realize I never did anything really stupid or wrong.

13. I believe everyone can and does change, and am in part against the death penalty because of this. (And against it for humane and human, non-religious, reasons for the most part, however.)

14. I do my creative writing on impulse (binge writer) and must be inspired by real life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home