Wednesday, May 28, 2008

In Praise of The Nose

The nose is a wonderful piece of human aerodynamism, personality, style, class, living architecture, and, well, yes, I guess: pure sensuality (in a non-lascivious way).

The Modern Cleopatra is Ms. Alison "Tiki" ML, of Virginia; the runner-up is Helen Mirren, oh yes; and the "dauphine", 2nd runner-up, is Nicole M, currently a cross-Atlantic resident, in a totally different style from numbers 1 and 2.

Check someone's nose, you will know who has class, who is unkempt (men especially), who drinks too much, who is sloppy, who has personality or not, etc.

Of course, the eyes still have it, "windows on the soul," yes, they are and remain, and we can or could talk mouth and neck, hands, and various body parts (yeah, yeah, you women do check guys out, don't deny it--those of you who watch soccer for the guys' thighs or drool over Will Smith's abs!), but for true class and brains, I say: check the nose.

(and, Ladies, I'll be nice and give you a tip: you want to find out a truly unclassy guy? Check his ears: fur coming out of everywhere on that Ewok? You got yourselves a bona fide slob!)

This was in praise of the Nose, that un- or under-recognized magnificent piece of biological achievement (and on a related note: Alison: No, thank you, I don't think I need a psychiatrist, and if I were you, I'd pocket my title of "Modern-day Cleopatra", be proud of it, and shut up!)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home